Moravski Chamber Choir was founded in September 2017. The artistic director of the choir is Olena Radko, a graduate of Tchaikovsky National Music Academy of Ukraine (Professor Venediktov’s class) and laureate of international choral competitions.
- Olena Radko
Larysa Bukhonska, a Ukrainian choral conductor and the Honoured Artist of Ukraine, has initiated establishment of the choir under the support of the Charitable Foundation “Pavlo Muravskyi Choral School”. The choir is named after the renowned Ukrainian conductor. Between 2016 and 2017 the key members of Moravski Chamber Choir performed under another name – Joys Amateur Chamber Choir (Iryna Dusheiko – artistic director). They constitute a basis of Moravski Chamber Choir.
In 2018, the choir won district-based and municipal competitions of performing groups in Kyiv and took 2nd place at the 8th Ukrainian Mykola Leontovych Choir Competition. In 2019, Moravski Chamber Choir obtained the title of People’s Choir.
Since its establishment, the choir has participated in over 40 concerts and festivals. Among them are:
- Christmas Festival in Kyiv;
- International Easter Assembly (2017, 2018);
- Choral Event “Pavlo Muravskyi School” (2017-2019). In 2019, the choir sang together with People’s Artist of Ukraine Nina Matviienko a piece called “Ne skhodylo vrantsi sonechko” (The Sun Didn’t Rise in the Morning) composed by V. Kryshtophovych;
- Anatolii Avdiievsky Choral Festival “Song over Dnipro River” (2018);
- Kniazha Rodyna (Knyaz Family) Festival at the National Sanctuary “Sophia of Kyiv” (2018 р.);
- Viva Puccini concert accompanied by the National Presidential Orchestra of Ukraine in the Column Hall in Mykola Lysenko National Philharmonic of Ukraine (2018);
- Flowers from the Summit Concert of Tetiana Yashvili’s sacred music in the Church of Saint Basil the Great in Kyiv (2019);
- Kaleidoscope – first recital in Lutheran Church of Saint Catherine in Kyiv (2019);
- Christmas Concert at Mystetskyi Arsenal (2020);
- Velyka Koliada 21st Ukrainian Christmas Festival in Lviv (2020), and other concerts in the National Philharmonic of Ukraine, Tchaikovsky National Music Academy of Ukraine etc.
In 2019, Moravski Chamber Choir performed in Vienna (Austria), Budapest (Hungary) and took part in the International Festival of Choral Music in Gerzat (France).
In 2020, the choir released virtual recordings of new songs:
- Look at the World, John Rutter;
- Only in Sleep, music by Ēriks Ešenvalds, Sarah Teasdale’s poem
- Unchain My Heart, Bobby Sharp, Teddy Powell, arranged for mixed choir by Olena Radko.
Owing to the song Only in Sleep that Moravski Choir recorded it was placed in the list of TOP 10 virtual choirs.
The repertoire comprises works of sacred music, ancient and modern Ukrainian, and foreign music. Moravski Chamber Choir is open to cooperation and interesting common projects.